 Local / United Kingdom / 5686
Re: Cheshire Fest - Argh!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 19:11:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Tony Priestman writes:
Apologies to everyone for being a bit quiet about this, but it's
probably just as well, as I'm afraid I've got to put it back a week. Or
longer, if that's inconvenient for people.

If you've expressed an interest in coming on the 24th of Feb, please let
me know, preferably by email to mailto:tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk,
because I won't be here on the 24th, and it would be most embarrassing
for all concerned if you came knocking at the door and there was no-one
here :(

I'll try and contact as many people as possible, but if you can let me
know you've read this, I'd be grateful.

OK, so the proposal now is to hold a gathering on the 3rd of March, or
failing that the 10th. Hands up if you can make it.

I hope four weeks notice is enough time to rearrange things, but if not,
someone else will have to step into the breach later in the year.

Sorry again, folks.

Moral:  Don't forget birthdays.

You can't see this, but both my hands are up. That suits me better anyway as
we're probably going to York on the original date (We may be living here now
but we're still Aussie Tourists!).

Once again, I have room in my car for 3 other passengers if anyone lives
between Kingston and Cheshire (or not too far off the beaten track), so LMK
if you would like a lift. First in best dressed etc... Preferably at least
one person who's been there before to help with directons if mapquest.co.uk
isn't detailed enough.

Don't know if I can contribute building-wise, but from the sounds of it I'll
bring my cheque book!! ;-)

Pete Callaway

Hi all,
3rd March sounds good to me too (couldn't make the 24th - off to find the
elusive toy shop in France, although my partner does not yet know that!)

Can I book a place in your car please Pete - I live about 10 minutes away from
Kingston near J12 of the M25.

I went to LLW following your lead on the SW sales last week, and found that it
had shut until 10 March!  Suppose I should have phoned beforehand ;-(

Still, went to Tesco in Slough, and found that they have a huge range of Lego,
including the Silver Champion and Power Puller, so I'll be checking back there
when they further reduce their stock ;-)

Mark Morgan