 Local / United Kingdom / 5445
Re: Etoys / online shopping question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 03:35:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:

"Ian Bishop" <ianbishop@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
What's the level of confidence and usage of online ordering, eg from
etoys?

No problems whatsoever. I ordered a load of xmas presents from them in
November, and they came very promptly. Much less hassle than phone ordering
or traipsing round TRU :-)

I've said this in market.shopping but I think it bears repeating... IMHO,
eToys is going down. Get your bargains, but don't be the guy trying to sit
down when the music stops. I dunno how the UK is for credit card protection,
in the US we have some leverage if merch doesn't come.

At the very end it may be a bit messy. That's my opinion. eToys has said
they are out of cash sometime in March. And I don't think there's going to
be a "white knight" to rescue them. So they're going down.

++Lar