 Local / United Kingdom / 5399
Re: Lego Bargains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 21:16:25 GMT

Hi all,

Found some nice bargains at The Entertainer. Still flogging off the UFO
range (picked up 6975 for a tenner), and some other great stuff. Love the
flat rate shipping charge!

At the Toy Stack at Kingston Bentals Centre
7151 for £14.99
6087 for £9.99 (great set for grey bits and burps, and that dragon! Hate
that witch's helicopter thing though!)

Heaps of both sets left. Some other stuff cheapish too which didn't hold my
interest though.

Paul, are you talking about the fest in February in Cheshire (or
nearabouts)? If so, I'll relieve them of their 7161 no sweat! Be nice if
they had another 8480 out the back, too!

Pete Callaway

In lugnet.loc.uk, Paul Cook writes:
Finally found some Lego bargains on my doorstep. The following were spotted
at CBS in Colchester. All are unopened with slightly worn boxes.

There were plenty of these:

8428 Technic Concept Car (with CD-Rom) £29.99
8462 Technic Tow Truck (Pneumatic) £37.49
8266 Technic Competition Spider Slayer (9v Motor) £20.24
6977 Arachnoid Star Base £26.99
6013 Shogun on horseback £0.74
6324 Police Trike £0.74
3591 Znap Rota-Beast £20.99 - Also saw some similar sized Znap sets with a
9v Motor, but I can't be sure if it was 3552 Hover Sub or 3571 Blackmobile
3501 Znap Jet Car £1.49
3502 Znap Bi-Wing £1.49

There was only one each of these:

8299 Technic Search Sub (Pneumatic with CD-Rom) - price not marked, probably
about £20
8257 Technic Competition Cyber Strikers £14.99
5561 Model Team Big Foot 4x4 £29.99
7161 Star Wars Gungan Sub £17.24
6004 Knights Crossbow Cart £0.74

I can't afford to buy them all to trade at a later date, but if anyone wants
anything in particular, I can pick it up for them and bring it to the next
Legofest. I've already got what I wanted - an 8480 Space Shuttle for £45!