 Local / United Kingdom / 5214
  Re: Podracer sets £18.99 in Woolies

"Ian Bishop" <ianbishop@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:G4w63M.1vE@lugnet.com... (...) Kilmarnock. (...) They were similar price in Argos earlier in the year. This must have been one of Lego's worst selling large sets. Will anyone confess to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Podracer sets £18.99 in Woolies

(...) I'm not surprised - if it is the set I think it is, they were asking a large amount of money for what appeared from the box to be a couple of small vehicles. Very bad value for money if you take the photograph on the box at face value. Saying (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Podracer sets £18.99 in Woolies

(...) Sixty-five quid was still a lot to ask for three podracers, when a single one was sold for under nine. The other two were bigger, but not that much bigger. Add to that the fact that a complete Star Wars Lego collection thus ends up having two (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Podracer sets £18.99 in Woolies

(...) Well, before the Millenium Falcon anyway. By the way, are people buying that? Or should I wait a bit for some mad discounts? It's a shame Argos aren't stocking them really... (...) (24 years ago, 1-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)