 Local / United Kingdom / 518
Re: Got club magazine today...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 19:21:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:
I don't think they look better - some of the Snowspeeders are dreadful, but
its interesting to note the use of existing pieces (wing hinges, canopy,
tubing etc.) on the early prototypes before the production of new parts.

Well I think elements of the Snowspeeders were excellent - one had a
rear-cockpit and a proper metal harpoon.

The TIE prototype looks like it has single piece 'wings'. Thank God they
didn't do that in the final version otherwise we'd have SW Jr. on our hands!
Huw

Well the TIE Wings looked better but you are right they are BabySpace.  I think
the blue should be taken off the TIE.

The Y-Wing prototype engine's look better because they are the correct angle.
It also shows they made many custom pieces they never used such as the
Snowspeeder lasers, the long cockpit shield, the black window and a 2x2 tile
with one stud and extra printing on shows on many of the prototypes.

The scans are online now - check lugnet.announce and lugnet.starwars.

Carbon 60