 Local / United Kingdom / 500
Re: Brief Layover in the UK - Where to go for LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 07:40:17 GMT

1)  How difficult would it be to go to LEGOLAND Windsor from • London-Gatwick?
Reading the LEGOLAND web page it sounds very doable but is it really?

Yes, you could easily do LLW in the time you have. By car, it would take
about 1 hour to get there, but seeing as you won't have one at your disosal
you'll have to take the train. Even then, it won't take more than about 1.5
hours.

The route is Gatwick - Clapham Jn - Windsor, and you can plan your trip at

www.railtrack.co.uk/travel

I just did a journey plan starting from Gatwick at 09:23, and arriving at
10:59. Once at Windsor, you can get on the LLW shuttle bus which runs
throughout the day.

I live 10 miles from Gatwick, and work just outside, so if you want more
info, just LMK.

2)  Are there any good LEGO haunts in the London-Gatwick area or am I • better
off taking the train down to Victoria Station and wondering around that
general vicinity?  If so, where do the locals recommend shopping?

There are none that come to mind. There's nothing much round Victoria apart
from an old shop that has some discontinued stuff (but not much since I
cleaned it out last year, there's just a few bits of Technic and a few early
'90's sets there now). I can give directions nearer the time if you're
interested.

Elsewhere in London, there's Hamleys, but that's like your FAO Swartz
(sp?) - good to look round but very expensive.

What day will you be here?

Huw