 Local / United Kingdom / 4666
Re: Very small bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 19:26:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason Briscoe writes:
Question: has anyone ever seen any bricks smaller than the current brick =
proprtions? only I have just come by a dozen or so bricks in what i can =
only describe as 50% smaller than standard! they do not link with normal =
bricks yet are embossed with the LEGO logo and look and feel like lego?=20

Any info appreciated, and I shll bring them along to TVLF so others can =
see that this is not a hoax.

Dear Jason,

those small bricks are often called "architects Lego", since they were sold to
do model of houses etc.

They have been marketed since 1963 by Modulex, which was a daughter company of
Lego. This company still does exist! You might find more informations (in
German) and pictures under this link:

http://www.planet-interkom.de/lfreak/modulex.htm

Kind Regards,

Ben