 Local / United Kingdom / 4604
Re: Cybermaster? Best place, best price?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:51:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:

A quick call to TLC sorted things for me... for free :-)

I guess I should restate this question then. *Given* that I am going to buy
one while I am here in the UK no matter what, what is the best price I can
expect to get? Or alternatively, how much is MSRP? The LUGNET/Pause DB, for
once, is mute on what the price is.

BB has them listed at £125, which sounds about right to me.  I'm note sure, • but
you may be able to claim the VAT back (17.5%) - I can't remeber what the • lower
limit is though. If not, I'd buy one in the US from BB/entertainer - the vat
should just about cover shipping.

Who is BB?

Sorry, I'm being lazy - BB = Busy Bee

And do you mean buy it over the web when I am back in the US, or
buy it from a US store.

From the UK. Forget entertainer - they want £150:
https://www.thetoyshop.com/product/product_details.asp?id=942

I wasn't aware it was available anywhere in the US.

I don't think it is.

Call me oblivious,

Your oblivious

I guess, I am not much of a technic head.

Shipping from here (in the UK where i am at the moment) for me is free
assuming it fits in my duffle. And if we assume I trade or give most of my
stuff away at the fest tomorrow I should have lots of room in my duffle... :-)

Yes, but buying vat-less from BB and shipping it may save your the hassle.
Utimately, it is your hassle though - and your $$

Scott A

++Lar