 Local / United Kingdom / 4602
Re: Cybermaster? Best place, best price?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:58:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:

I doubt you'll find them cheap in the UK - if you do spread the word. I have
just bought the aluminum case version from a German contact very cheap.
However, he tells me that all the rest in the shop are bashed and are missing
the card sheath. Also, please not the German verion has a german only CD.

Thanks for the info, Scott...

Nik's German isn't that good so I need the UK version.

A quick call to TLC sorted things for me... for free :-)

I guess I should restate this question then. *Given* that I am going to buy
one while I am here in the UK no matter what, what is the best price I can
expect to get? Or alternatively, how much is MSRP? The LUGNET/Pause DB, for
once, is mute on what the price is.

BB has them listed at £125, which sounds about right to me.  I'm note sure, but
you may be able to claim the VAT back (17.5%) - I can't remeber what the lower
limit is though. If not, I'd buy one in the US from BB/entertainer - the vat
should just about cover shipping.

ARE they even for sale in the UK any more or are they all gone?

I am pretty sure my local TRU has them in stock.

Scott A

++Lar