 Local / United Kingdom / 4574
4573  |  4575
Subject:
Cheapo Star Wars sets at Tesco...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 22:30:05 GMT

My 'open offer' to supply these sets must now progress to an 'open
apology'...

I've received requests for over 100 of each set, and there 'ain't no way' I
can raise anything like that many!!! I've wiped out four of the local big
stores, and there are a few more for me to try, but I don't hold out much
hope :-( So far I have (from memory, cos I ain't unloaded the car yet): 2
Landspeeders; ~7 snow speeders; 2 Anakin's Pod; ~4 Lightsaber Duels; ~15
Naboo Swamps. Most stores were pretty dry before I got there (like all the
way to Thurrock for 1 Naboo Swamp)...

Once I've given up hunting, I'll start e-mailing everyone who asked for
them.

BTW: Thanks to JJ for pointing us to these discounts. Sorry I was so slow in
making the offer though :-(

BTW2: Is anyone else rounding these up (or at least trying to) with a view
to passing them on at cost? Please e-mail me if you'd like to co-ordinate
efforts! I know that at least one of the requests I received went to A N
Other too - my view is that it would be 'fairer' if that requester _didn't_
get twice his requested amount while others missed out entirely due to the
shortage! * JM2P

Just [still looking] Jono .oO

* I know it's not my decision... I just wanna 'please all the people, all of
the time' (didn't some famous dude say that wasn't possible?!? Probably
before November 1963 though ;-) ). No digs, no names, no accusations - just
a straight question asked awkwardly! If you're rounding these sets up to
make a profit, then good luck to you :-)

...If I worded any of that badly / offended anyone, PLMK!

----

"The views expressed herein are those of the author only, and do not
represent the opinion of any other individuals or groups named or implied.
The inability to get a point across is his problem too!"