 Local / United Kingdom / 4406
Re: train part prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 17:37:02 GMT

Here we go again, complaining again about "rip off britain". Everyone knows
that everything  costs far more in Britain because the price reflects the
high wage costs, high fuel transport costs, and the high cost of premises to
operate a distribution service.

So when you add up the additional costs due to the higher wages UK Lego
employees get over there US counterparts, the additional costs in transport
due to the increased weight of Lego spares because of the better quality we
have here in Britain, and the fact that working the plastic mines where Lego
is sourced are underground mines and therfore more costly to extract than
the surface mines as in the US.

I hope that this explains the reasons clearly and that you can now pay up
and get back to playing with you Lego.

Peter D. Simpson
sterling@interalpha.co.uk
If you can afford Lego, you can afford to pay more taxes!!!

lawrence wilkes <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
I was looking at the 2000 shop at home catalog and noticed that whereas • set
prices in UK are a little bit less than the common 'pounds for dollars' • ratio,
the prices of train extras were not. i.e. stright rails are $12.99 and • often
£12.99 in UK shops, and at toycity.

Even worse, the train service packs are MORE pounds than dollars. e.g. • 5302
boggie plate is £2.05 compared to $1.99 and 5303 buffers are £3.30 vs • $2.99.

Though they have separated shipping now (which is minimal on a service • pack),
it hardly seems to reflect currency exchange and the fact that the parts • are
EU sourced in the first place.

Clearly time for a 'rip off Britain' campaign. I shall write to the Daily • Mail.

Joking aside its not fair though is it?

regards
lawrence