 Local / United Kingdom / 4132
4131  |  4133
Subject:
Toy City on a "loss leader"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:45:26 GMT

Toy City have put their prices up. BIG TIME!

4560 is up from £44.99 to £99.99!!! Straight and curved track up from £7.49
to £12.99, points up from £16.99 to £24.99, etc...

Most of the other sets now appear to be at the same price as the rest of the
UK :-(

Should we guess that they were on a loss leader to get the customers in, or
could their costs really have gone up this much? "Rip-off Britain" or
"Rip-off Europe"?!?

Just Jono .oO