 Local / United Kingdom / 4131
4130  |  4132
Subject:
Aussie import to UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:27:49 GMT

Afternoon chaps!

This is just a brief introduction of myself to the loc.uk group as my wife and
I will be moving from Australia to the UK in about two weeks. We're staying
for around two years, give or take, depending on how we like it ;-)

I've been involved in the loc.au and star wars groups since about October last
year, and have had awesome fun with the other loc.au folk at a few legofests
we held this year.

Unfortunately I won't be bringing my LEGO with me, but that's just a good
excuse to buy more when I get there :-)

I will be working in Bracknell (not far from LEGOland Windsor!!!) and living
somewhere between Bracknell and London (not sure yet), and I would love to
meet as many of you as possible and participate in the UK LEGO world.

Thanks...

Pete Callaway

A brief roll call so you know a bit about me follows...

Name: Peter Callaway
Gender: male of the species
Year of Birth: 1972
Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Struggling to reach double figures.
Location: Umm... Epping at present, UK in July
E-mail Address: pcallaway@bmcl.com.au or pcall@nextracom.com.au
LEGO/home page URL(s): http://www.callaway.com.au/pete/index.htm
Marital Status: Affirmative
Children: Negative
Occupation: Marine/Civil Engineer
On Lugnet Since: October 1999

# of Sets in LEGO Collection: Yeah! Right!
# of Unopened Sets in Collection: What's the point of an unopenned set?
# of LEGO Pieces: ~25,000
# of LEGO Theme Parks Visited: Ask me in July ;-)
# of LEGO fests atteneded: 3! (not counting the shop visits)

First LEGO Set: http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=315-2
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=691
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=660
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=687
Favorite Theme(s): Star Wars, Technic
Favorite Set(s): http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=851 (It's a very
good replica of a Massy Ferguson tractor, dad used to own a real one!!)
Favorite Piece(s)/Minifigure(s): The good ol' 2x4 brick/Boxer Tanbriks (when I
create him)
Set/theme you would like to see: More Star Wars stuff, but I'll just have to
wait for the next 5 years and see what they produce under licence.

Current LEGO Project: Packing my LEGO away :-(
Greatest Claim to LEGO Fame: Nothing yet, but every dog has his day
Other (Non-LEGO) Interests: Wife, 4WDing, reading, computer games, the beach