 Local / United Kingdom / 4160
Re: Toy City on a "loss leader"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:15:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jon D. Hayward writes:
Toy City have put their prices up. BIG TIME!

4560 is up from £44.99 to £99.99!!! Straight and curved track up from £7.49
to £12.99, points up from £16.99 to £24.99, etc...

I had noted this also. All there prices now include shipping(?) - which means
there is no saving to be had by buying more than one item at a time. Based on
what I have had from them, I'd say they must be at the bleeding edge of the
internet in the past. The price increases may well change that - but I doubt
it.

Scott A

Most of the other sets now appear to be at the same price as the rest of the
UK :-(

Should we guess that they were on a loss leader to get the customers in, or
could their costs really have gone up this much? "Rip-off Britain" or
"Rip-off Europe"?!?

Just Jono .oO