 Local / United Kingdom / 4022
4021  |  4023
Subject:
LegoLand Windsor Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 19:01:58 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

(sorry if you saw this in general, but I meant to post it in UK)

Went to LegoLand Windsor today.

The new Wave Riders was open. Good ride. Kids gave it the thumbs up.
The Lego Racers ride is not open yet and looks like it might not be open for
summer 2000 as advertised. So far they havent even finished the concrete
skeleton (recent bad weather?)

The new Wembley Stadium and Millenium domes were interesting. I will post some
pics up. The Dome was a bit of a disappointment. They seem to have
concentrated on the inside and the outside didnt capture the building for me
(it was just flat and did not have the contours of the real building)
Wembley stadium was good though.

The shop had most of the new stuff on offer.
e.g. millenium falcon at £75 (yeez!), Ultimate Collectors Series, the new
dinosaurs adventurers (first time I had seen these) looked very good.
But prices were steep. Without sparking another debate its a bit annoying when
Legos own shop looks a rip off in comparison to toy City, but then you expect
theme parks to exploit, but prices like £109 for 4561 just put people off.

They did have 25% of some of the first series of Star Wars, but then still had
all the sets that you can buy half price in Entertainer (like Rock Raiders,
Ninja) at full normal store price.

As ever the best time to go on the rides is a closing time.
It closes on paper at 18.00. But park officials were saying 18.30, which is
when the rides stopped.
we actually left the shop just after 19.15.

Some of the popular rides that you queue for 45 minutes during the day have no
queue at all come around 15 minutes before closing time. Today was even better
as people started leaving the park at 18.00.
So for 30 minutes we rode the Dragon ride and Pirate Falls without any queues
to speak of. At close to 18.30 we were able to ride round the Dragon ride for
3 consequetive goes without even having to get off. (this was the same last
time I went... the guy controlling it took us round for about 4 extra rides
after the ride had officially closed. There was no one waiting so he just
asked if we all wanted to go again, and again....)

They were having problems with the x-treme challenge ride. Only one slide was
working

I always come away impressed with the quality and professionalism of Legoland
compared to other UK theme parks. Today I seemed to notice it more. The place
is clean and tidy, the staff friendly and courteous, everything is well
organised, food is excellent compared to the franchised fast food fare that
most other parks seems to dish up.

All in all a very good day out.

regards
lawrence