 Local / United Kingdom / 3980
Re: Fest fatigue?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 18:10:08 GMT

We need a .loc.uk.geek group :-)

Scott A

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
news:FvFpDC.JI2@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Scott Arthur writes:
See : http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/events-future

It's awfully embarrassing, but that page seems to be a bit squiffy at • the
moment, [...]

The blinking red text error message saying it can't embed a page? •  Sorry --
that was my fault.  The first rev of the page-editing system (which you • were
using when you created the pages) handled unexpected characters in • filenames
simply by deleting them from the filename (it was just a quick temporary • hack
way to deal with it).  Page names used to be allowed to contain lowercase
letters a-z and digits 0-9 and a hyphen (-).  The pages which couldn't be
displayed contained underscores.  It worked before because underscore was
outside of the character set it recognized, but now since underscores are
allowed (and because it no longer simply deletes characters it doesn't • like)
it gacked on it because the page name internally was missing the • underscore
and thus it couldn't find the page in question.  To fix, I went in and • made
the internal page name match the called-for name.  Now the page displays
correctly.  I didn't see any other pages with underscores in the names.

--Todd