 Local / United Kingdom / 3940
Re: Argos goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 17:37:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jon D. Hayward writes:
Now is a good time to raid your local Argos store...

Head for Customer Services, and ask to borrow their copy of the _old_
catalogue (if you don't still have your own copy), then trek on over to the
blue stock checker, and try every LEGO item number!

Just Jono .oO

Thanks for the tip!  I just tried it in Gosport, and came up with the ultimate
blag...

They wouldn't hand over the old catalogue, but the guy in Customer Services
leafed through it for me.  I was after two sets in particular - the Sith
Infiltrator (for grey plates) and the Mos Espa Podrace.  Neither came up, but
the guy was able to do a local area search, and found and reserved a Pod Race
at a local superstore.  Here's the stock number:

   373/3109 POD RACE

It's Lego set 7171, and their current price is £18-99.  It's still on sale in
Toys 'R' Us for around £60!

So, ask them to search local stores for you.  They can search and reserve by
computer (if the counter bod knows what they're doing - and they are pretty
good with the system) - or failing that, try their ring-and-reserve number
from the back of the catalogue.  It lets you check and reserve stock in all
Argos stores with a touch-tone phone.  Forget the website though.

JJ.