 Local / United Kingdom / 3920
    Re: Busy Bee goodies —Scott Arthur
    (...) argument - (...) For many people it is not a case of "rather" it is more a case of "have to". I work beside people who drive less than a mile of work, even on bright sunny days they'd rather drive than take a lazy walk through the countryside (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Busy Bee goodies —Lawrence Wilkes
   (...) Similarly, I will never cease to be amazed at some of my neighbours who drive their kids 1/2 mile to the local school. The best excuse I heard is they havent got time to walk their kids to school as they have to get to the sports centre to do (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Busy Bee goodies —Scott Arthur
   (...) I read a survey on this - the real reason is that parents do not think it is safe to let their kids walk as there are too many cars on the road. Chicken or egg? I live near a private school, evey morning the congestion caused by mothers (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: Busy Bee goodies —Jonathan Reynolds
   (...) to". I (...) sports (...) There is a time and a place for everything, and using the car for these really short journeys is just plain daft and unhealthy both for a child's confidence and of course their fat content. Personally, I chuck my kids (...) (24 years ago, 20-May-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)