 Local / United Kingdom / 3877
Re: Does anyone have a spare 8299 CD?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 20:42:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Franks writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:

send me a note to my mercator ID.

"mercator ID"? Is that your preferred contact address? Your posts show the
voyager.net one..

Right. that's spam fodder.

My voyager ID has been there forever, but I prefer to use whatever ID is
assocated with my current job. That sometimes changes. People who want to find
me because they want something from me will have to dig up the Mercator one,
it's not that hard to find. (it's on my member page as well as on all my
different web pages if you dig for it)

(when *I* want something from someone else, I make sure that I send them a note
from my mercator ID so they have my preferred ID, but when someone wants
something from *me*, I'm OK with them having to work for my ID a bit. )

I tend to ignore my voyager ID for days at a time unless something is awry with
my main ID. You send stuff there at your peril, probably 10% of it gets lost or
misdeleted.

++Lar