 Local / United Kingdom / 3699
Re: Evil Clone Brand Alert
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 06:35:54 GMT

"Liam Parnell" <liamp@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
news:FtJJ20.6CH@lugnet.com...
Discovered a new? clone called "Mego-Lock"; it appears to be a rip off of
Best-Lock just as much as Lego.  Clones of clones whatever next?

There were three themes "City Life" very similar logo to City Centre, but
the sets were reminiscent of late 80's town ie Petrol station
"Recon Brigade" various military vehicles including tanks.
And an equestrian theme a bit like Paradisa.

They actually sound quite interesting.  Now if only Best-Lock could get their
build quality up to scratch and suddenly we'd have really good sets with
decent bricks like in days gone.

They were by "Toy Mine" of California and distributed by a firm in Blackburn,
Lancs.

This firm wouldn't happen to be 'Best-Lock' who also happen to be somewhere in
Lancs IIRC.

Sorry if the details are a bit sketchy I had to go outside and vomit!

Can't have been that bad surely :)

They contained a disclaimer "Mego-Lock is a propriatory product and not to be
confused with other brick systems" but would appear to be 100% compatible.

--
Liam.

I wonder if anybody has got any photos of their models or if anybody has and
experience of their products.

follow-ups set to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands

Nicholas Allan