 Local / United Kingdom / 3698
3697  |  3699
Subject:
Evil Clone Brand Alert
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 21:44:24 GMT

Discovered a new? close called "Mego-Lock" it appears to be a rip off of
Best-Lock just as much as Lego.  Clones of clones whatever next?

There were three themes "City Life" very similar logo to City Centre, but
the sets were reminiscent of late 80's town ie Petrol station
"Recon Brigade" various military vehicles including tanks.
And an equestrian theme a bit like Paradisa.
They were by "Toy Mine" of California and distributed by a firm in Blackburn,
Lancs.

Sorry if the details are a bit sketchy I had to go outside and vomit!

They contained a disclaimer "Mego-Lock is a propriatory product and not to be
confused with other brick systems" but would appear to be 100% compatible.

--
Liam.