 Local / United Kingdom / 3417
Re: Legoland Windsor - Opening day report (sort of)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:22:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Neil Ford <lego@binky.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
Michael Pratt wrote:
Do they sell service packs there ???
I unfortunately have to plead ignorance on this one.  They don't have
them on display but that doesn't mean that they don't have them
available.

Anyone know for sure?  Or should I enquire on my next visit (probably
not too far away as the company car arrives today :-)

When they first opened, service packs were on a carousel in the Big Shop.
When I needed the long train baseplate for the California Truck (1998?),
service packs were hiding out back, but were still for sale if you knew
which pack number you wanted. When I asked last summer, they said that they
no longer have them for sale 8-(

AFAIK, there is no service leaflet available this year - they're just using
up last year's inventory. On the bright side though, LEGO Direct will be our
saviour! According to staff at LEGO Europe North (or LEGO Service as we used
to call them), LEGO Direct will go on-line (i.e. for ordering over the web)
in the Autumn!!! 8-)

Jono.