 Local / United Kingdom / 3359
Re: Southport Lego Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:39:00 GMT

In article
<memo.20000309222137.63237A@mpratt.compulink.co.uk>,
mpratt@cix.co.uk (Michael Pratt) wrote:

Calling all UK lego fans......

I have the go ahead from my local church office to use • the conference
building for a lego fest which I will call a lego show as • I will be
inviting members of the public to view our displays, buy • lego etc.
I have agreement from Busy Bee to attend and put up a • stall as well !
I am thinking mid May or mid June.
Cost of hall is £25 !!!
There is a free car park, modern toilets and kitchen, a • downstairs hall
carpeted and with tables plus a larger upstairs hall with • seating and
video/tv.
Sleeping arrangements will be chez mois as we have a B&B • with a twin
and a double room. My mum is over the road and has a twin • room. We have
friends nearby with a twin room as well.
SOH will do catering as needed, and mum has offered to do • cakes etc !
Tentatively we can have the hall from fri evening to set • up, use Sat am
for club activities and open the doors to the public from • say 11:00 am
till 4:00pm. Sunday we can all go to local boot fairs of • which there
are many.
If folk from further afield wish to come it is only fair • that they are
given priority for accommodation.
We have two lounges for sleeping bags if there is an • overflow.
Southport is a lovely seaside resort too so you could • make it a
mini-break.
Do we have any interest ???????

Michael Pratt

The Date is 20th May 2000