 Local / United Kingdom / 3322
Re: Reddifest was great
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:12:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, David Walton writes:

Whatever happened to the idea of the UK map with where we live and were the
helpful Lego shops are located, I think it may now be useful due to the
larger no of folks attending the fests for organising car share etc and/or
choosing locations for future fests.

It's at <http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?p=shops-by-area> which  is linked from
<http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/>.

I've added some local shops and not-so local shops that I know about, but apart
from that no-one else has sent me any shopping info! I assumed that this was a
lack of interest (despite the offer of special prizes to the first three people
to email me info!), but do you reckon the problem is a lack of visibility
instead?

Personally, I hate the horizontal lines on that page (having the dot next to
the header would be a lot more pretty), but they are necessary for the
hierarchical nature of the proto-databasen (click on one of the dots to see
what I mean), or go to <http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/en/> and click on the
shopping link there.

The way the information is presented (sucky at present) isn't as important as
getting it in there - once it is in there then it can be easily transferred
into a fully searchable database for example.

Todd - would it be possible to give some /loc/uk/ folks editing priviliges for
their local area, so that they could add their own shops instead of having to
go through me? If time is an issue then I'd be happy to show people the ropes!

Richard