 Local / United Kingdom / 3295
Re: Shopping In Edinburgh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:11:14 GMT

"Ian Bishop" <ian@goodlife.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:hmotVHATrkx4Ew3u@goodlife.demon.co.uk...

TRU : Did not buy anything Lego here.

At TRU prices this is a universal statement I think. Glasgow Govan still
has Podracer sets at £59. Wake up and smell the roses guys.

Indeed

I also noticed they had large piles
of the RC car - clearance soon?

Do TRU ever have clearances over here - I have never seen one.

It is not their policy. By chance last year a bunch of World Cup Sets turned
up in my local store. The boxes were all very bashed and sealed with tape.
My local store has its own Lego guy (David or Derek). He explained they were
deleted items "ex-stock" was the term he used. Even so they still wanted
full RRP. I said I'd buy all they had (15) if I got a discount. He asked the
manager  -

Mangaer : "No way. This is not TRU policy."
Me : "The boxes are bashed"
Manager : "Peaple are here to by toys not boxes - we only give reduction for
damaged packaging if it is the last one in the store"
Me : The boxes have been opened - the sets may not be complete.
Manager  : "hmm. We can open them up to check the contents"
Me : "OK"

To cut a long story short, most of the sets had extra players, but only one
had a Scotland sticker sheet. I knew there would be a England Sheet in with
the plates - but kept mum. I haggled with the manager. We agreed on £96 for
the lot.

Scott A