 Local / United Kingdom / 3228
Re: Lego Robo Riders Competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:23:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Phil Traviss writes:
Neil,

The prize quantities are 10 bikes, 50 skateboards and 1000 'sheet of
stickers'. If you have a bike in a local window, that means there are
another 9 elsewhere...

It also says it is a 'No purchase necessary' competition, but I'm not sure
about that part of it.

Phil.

I made the comment before, but I will make it again.

Why are they not offering Lego as prizes?
If you are promoting lego, and you make lego, why dont you give lego away,
unless you have decided that its not attractive!

I suppose there are plenty of competitions where companies give away products
from another manufacturer, but not normally something you could view
as 'competitive'. e.g. you wouldnt see Coca-cola offering soft drinks by
another manufacturer, but they might offer a watch.
I suppose you could say at least they are not giving away Kinex, or mega bloc!
But it is still things that compete for the same kids play time
attention. "Thanks lego, you now got my kids into skateboards. They dont play
with the robo rider though...."

There are plenty of expensive and desirable lego sets to give away
e.g. Mindstorms, or a full set of Star wars, or a full set of castle

that seem to me more appropriate.

I am sure there is a cute marketing person response to this., e.g. might
attract new users who woudnt normally purchase lego, whereas a lego prize
would only appeal to the already converted.

regards
lawrence