 Local / United Kingdom / 3224
Re: Lego Robo Riders Competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:52:20 GMT

Neil,

The prize quantities are 10 bikes, 50 skateboards and 1000 'sheet of
stickers'. If you have a bike in a local window, that means there are
another 9 elsewhere...

It also says it is a 'No purchase necessary' competition, but I'm not sure
about that part of it.

Phil.

----- Original Message -----
From: Neil Ford <lego@binky.demon.co.uk>
To: <lugnet.loc.uk@lugnet.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: Lego Robo Riders Competition

Scott A wrote:

The mountain bike and Skateboard do have lego emblems (so might be rare
collectors items one day for lego maniacs) but I was puzzled as to why a • toy
manufacturer would not offer its own toys as prizes in its competition.

In one of Brad Justice's posts he said that Lego wanted to to promote • itself
more as a brand rather than a construction toy... this explains Lego
watches, Games, Computer games, clothing and perhaps the prizes you • mention?

I've not seen the prizes, but I assume the Bike is a cheap (sub £100)
unbranded one with Lego stickers on it? If so, they'd be better handing • out
high end Lego sets.

Scott A

The local toy shop has one of the bikes in the window... it's a GT BMX
bike.  Not sure of the list price but GT stuff isn't too cheap.  The
bike actually looks quite well done.  I assume from the fact that the
shop has one for display purposes there are a number to be one.

Neil.