 Local / United Kingdom / 2643
Re: North West Fest writeup page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:29:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Simon Robinson writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Franks writes:

I've done a small page, actually, it's been there for a while but I didn't
think to announce it :)
<http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/?p=events-1999-12-11>

Hmmmm.  From your small page:

There was a small pilgramage (Carbon60, Liam, Ian, Richard and Tony) to Busy
Bee. They kindly stayed open late as their stock was lovingly examined and
fondled. It was a bit of a spiritual event really - one of the last true
toyshops around. Pics soon!

What stock????? I went to BB a couple of months ago and there was
basically nothing there apart from the normal sets and a couple of
older ones - so I assumed all these great old sets they get in are
stored in some stockroom or something and not on display, and went
away again disappointed.

So what were you fondling?

Despite the need, nay moral obligation, to insert some sort of innuendo here, I
can't bring myself to do it. It happens to us all now and again I suspect.

Personally, I found a lovely 6314 City People, and for my hippy streak, I mean
Pirate Fortress/jungle.. 6318 Flowers, Trees and Fences... none of which appear
in toy shops near me!

I can't remember what everyone else bought.. but it was a lot.. as the pictures
should reveal.

I know what you mean though - it's not a treasure trove.. but it is the best
shop that I know of in the UK. Which as I don't have a car parhaps isn't that
qualified.

(btw with true efficiency I have now got my pics from NW LegoFest
from the developers. Will post soon...)

Cool stuff.. I too have pictures.. which may get scanned this week! Anyone
else?

Richard