 Local / United Kingdom / 2644
Re: BBC-B interface #1093 - help wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 19:33:41 GMT

No - I'll clarify. What (I think) I need is:
a) a copy of an instruction leaflet that would presumably have come with the
set 1093,
b) verification of my memory that there was a software product called 'LOGO'
that could be used for driving this interface, and access to that,
c) advice whether any other LUGNET groups might be more likely to be able to
help,
d) to hear from anyone who actually remembers actually using this stuff when
it was current.

Tall order or what?

Phil
----- Original Message -----
From: Scott-A <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk>
To: <lugnet.loc.uk@lugnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2000 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: BBC-B interface #1093 - help wanted

Do you mean you need a BBC computer?

Scott A

Phil Traviss wrote:

Just bought an interface unit for controlling 6 x LEGO 4.5v motors from • a
BBC-B micro. It is a LEGO set, part number 1093, circa 1986. • Unfortunately
has no instructions, but does look to have all the hardware I'll need • (unit,
PSU and cabling).

Can anyone help with any information on how to get this kit all up and
running? I believe there was also a piece of software called something • like
LEGO LOGO that you could use. Does anyone have a copy of that? It was • all
educational stuff IIRC.

TIA,

Phil in Yorkshire.
PS: Should I send this to robotics? (I'm not even sure if BBC micros • were
UK-only or were distributed further afield)
PPS: Huw: Do you want a scan of the box for 1093?