 Local / United Kingdom / 2585
2584  |  2586
Subject:
Changed Days
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 10:11:40 GMT

Yesterday, I had quite a haul of Lego Technic. Amongst the pile (15-20
sets) , there were two sets which I hardly even paid attention to. I
year or so ago I would have been very happy to even get a glimpse of one
of them, now I found myself wondering if it was worth the hassle
actually buying them. The sets were 8880 and the 8480. In the last 6
months, both of these sets have been sold by UK retailers for less than
UKP50, whilst a year ago an opened 8880 would go for over $200 easy. So,
after I tried to explain my purchase to my wife and stopped my youngest
daughter from sitting on the boxes, I was left wondering if any of my
other prized sets would suffer similar falls over the next year? The
only thing which justifies me paying $200 for a metroliner, is the
knowledge that I can always sell it for about the same when we get bored
with it. Notwithstanding this, I'd still be happy if DYA found a pile of
them, and did the good thing... if I got one

A worried Scott A