 Local / United Kingdom / 2348
Re: NW Fest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 22:07:53 GMT

And to add my contribution - thanks Tony! I really enjoyed the
event and meeting you all either again or for the first time.
I'm really sorry I couldn't stay long to chat (and half my time
there seemed to be devoted to sorting out my set of Lego boxes
in the car). Hopefully I'll be able to stay for longer for the next one.
Unfortunately I was
(a) very tired and
(b) (related to (a)) had just had various urgent writing deadlines
given to me (yeah I know - it's the same excuse I used last time), and
(c) (this one is a new excuse) had added incentive to leave early
owing to a certain girl I'd recently met and rather liked having had
the idea that perhaps it'd help matters along if she started turning down
dates until I'd managed to complete all my work. (quite an effective
trick that, I have to admit)

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

In lugnet.loc.uk, Ian Bishop writes:

Just to add my tuppence worth.

Many thanks again to Tony for hosting a great event, and good to meet
those of you I hadn't met before.

I found the whole thing pretty exhausting, and I'm glad we (Richard
Franks and I) drove down from Scotland the day before. If you didn't
hear the story of that journey, Richard spotted 3* 2585 - the train
handcart (previously only available with lego Loco software) in the
Welcome Break Motorway services at Gretna. After that we stopped at
every services bar one (about 5 or 6 in all!) but to no avail. Richard
took their phone number to try and find out how the sets ended up there.

After two late nights and the long journey home (complete with snow in
the Scottish hills for added effect) I slept for 11 hours last night!

For those of you who still need convincing about these events, here's
what I came back with that I didn't have beforehand (those marked BB
were from the trip to Busy Bee). Net outlay approx £25, not incl BB.
Read it and weep!:

Sets;

*** 1592 castle town square ***

6016 castle cart
6699 motorcycle shop
663 hovercraft
1127 milka chocolate santa set MIB
1854 velux house MIB
1054 P&O ferry MIB
kabaya adventurers set #2 MIB
6529 microlight
6204 pirate figs MIB
2845 totem pole MIB
1180 spaceport buggy MIB
5321 service pack MIB / BB
5063 service pack MIB / BB
3225 classic train MIB / BB
1076 UK advent calendar MIB
7720 battery train set
3056 kelloggs town kart MIB
1642 McDonalds happy meal aeroplane MIB
2*622 baggage train MIB
245 electric brick MIB
280 blue slopes MIB

VGC empty boxes for 242, 210, 660, 609, 610, 600, 613, 622

1693 turbo-force instructions
373 oil-rig instructions and box
910 basic set instructions

1978 small UK catalog
1972 full size UK catalog
1977 full size UK catalog
1999 Swiss and Japanese full size catalogs

222 idea book
Action Contraptions technic set MIB / BB
Two boxes of Busy Bee's special offer brick boxes - £5.99 for an 1857
box packed literally full with bricks, about double the amount you get
in the shops, well worth it.

3 different McDonalds UK lego happy meal boxes

Plus a pile of spare parts not listed!

Ian Bishop, Ayrshire, UK