 Local / United Kingdom / 2244
Re: COMPLETE LIST OF NEW SETS FOR 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 02:38:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, "Christian Gemuenden" <GECH1@t-online.de> writes:
as I just mentioned in a very very long e-mail, where does the information
of the Star Wars bucket 1886 come from? This information is also leaked,
copied from retailers information only and so against what we expect of TLC
wants published on lugnet.com

I obtained that information and the set number in a phone call to LEGO
Shop-At-Home and to LEGO Consumer Affairs.  IIRC, I told them that I'd heard
a rumor on the Internet that there was going to Star Wars bucket and I asked
them to query their computer for any information about a "Star Wars bucket."
The information that came back was that the set number was 1886, the name
was "3+ bucket" (or something like that), and that it wasn't going to be
available in the U.S. (this is all from memory...there's a post about it
somewhere...)

This information is still present although
this was a secret which was never officially released. So why do you list
this item?

It's listed there because it was a planned product, and the information
about the set number was given freely to the public -- the information was
available to anyone who called up on the phone when S@H had it in their
database.  I (personally) don't see any reason to de-list a product when
it's been cancelled or delayed if the information about it was obtained
through legitimate means.

I think this IS the same case just that we know this Star Wars
bucket was a real secret as it was discontinued before launching and the new
2000 will be launchend next year as far as we know. Huw has not published
any secret information or anything which will not be common knowledge in a
few weeks, please explain where you draw the line, this will help me and the
small group of AFOLs who are still not completely convinced by all your
arguements to understand it.

I can explain where I personally draw the line, but it shouldn't (IMHO) be
taken as gospel or anything, obviously.  I personally draw the line at any
scans or information which has been released to consumers, either on the
phone or in catalogs.  Once a first catalog shows up anywhere in any store
in the country, IMHO, then I consider it to have been released to the public
-- if it came from inside a set box and not from a store manager.

--Todd