 Local / United Kingdom / 1719
    Stallman mentions Lego in newspaper article —Liam Parnell
   I read the following article in the paper today: (URL) on moral high ground November 06 1999 I draw your attention to Richard Stallman's comments on Lego. However, I did find the article to be rather idiotic and unpleasant, confirming my view of (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

        Re: Stallman mentions Lego in newspaper article —Ian Sinclair
     (...) Found the article here: (URL) agree though, barely worth reading. Stallman is portrayed as more nerd than geek from this report. Though I suspect the reporter had know idea how to engage Stallman in a more engaging & enlightening conversation. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

        Re: Stallman mentions Lego in newspaper article —Larry Pieniazek
   Boy, did they ever miss the point. What on earth do hair, knuckles or shoes have to do with software development? (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

        Re: Stallman mentions Lego in newspaper article —Liam Parnell
     (...) Tragic, when Windows 2000 is being treated like the Second Coming, and Microsoft is due to face judgement in the anti-trust case. The whole Lego programming phenomenon would have been the perfect way to present the issues of free software to (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

         Re: Stallman mentions Lego in newspaper article —David Blomberg
     (...) True. It's my belief: "Those who can, do." "Those who can't, teach." "Those who can't teach become journalists." Actually, I don't believe that part about teaching. I know many excellent teachers. I can't say the same of journalists or (...) (25 years ago, 10-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

        Re: Stallman mentions Lego in newspaper article —Gregor Benedikt Rochow
   (...) Well, everything the reporter got out of RMS may have been to silly and annoying to print. The last time I heard him interviewed (at length) on the radio, his big point was that it's wrong to make and sell copyrighted software. So whenever the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general)

        Re: Stallman mentions Lego in newspaper article —Larry Pieniazek
   Followups to off-topic.debate, because... suffice it to say, I do not agree, sir. :-) Stallman may be a bit flakey as a person, but I think the general theme that one can create "free" software and make a healthy living from it is extremely valid. I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)