 Local / United Kingdom / 1385
Re: Tower Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 16:03:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Liam Parnell writes:
Tony, I am working on a web page for the tower project.
It will be online by this weekend.
I have decided to also expand into a virtual tower building venture a bit
like Datsville.

Three different size of sections would simplify the project, and
"heighten" the chances of success.  I think it is a good idea.

I will target my web page towards the virtual tower building idea.

--
Liam.
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/liamp/

If you want a real challenge, then consider the following

"Something amazing took place in an enormous aircraft hanger in Bedfordshire
over the weekend of 5th-6th June 1999: A team made up of 12 expert K'NEX model
builders and pupils of Lower Campton School set a new world record by
constructing the tallest ever K'NEX tower in the world! It took them 24 hours
and 20 minutes (although they were allowed time off to sleep). The tower was
built up in sections, each section being lifted into place in turn by a giant
crane. When the final section was attached, the new world record was set. The
tower stood a staggering 100.4 feet (30.91 metres) high, was made of 50,342
K'NEX pieces and weighed only 225kg when complete."

Surely you cannot let that Knexites grab the headlines!

You can see at picture at www.knex.co.uk

regards
lawrence