 Local / United Kingdom / 1347
Re: Trains and Rock Raiders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 23:03:01 GMT

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Steve Bliss (<37fa5d5b.100812644@lugnet.com>) wrote
at 20:22:56

Thanks to David for comments I couldn't have put better myself :-)

OK.  What about Roboforce?  It's definitely Space.  There are no ships in
any of the RF sets.  There is one flyer, in RoboMaster.

Here in the UK, we didn't get Roboforce at all, so I could just ignore
it :-)

I guess one goes with the look and feel.

I've just reviewed a US catalogue for RoboForce, and firstly, I must say
I'm glad we didn't get them. They're awful!

Secondly, I have to say, they don't look like Space to me. Futuristic,
yes. But as you pointed out: no spaceships.

There *must* have been an argument about this before, surely?

(I do realize that RR is in the Underground System, not Space.  I'm just
carrying on for the nitpicking fun of it.)

And I don't care what theme it's in at all - they're all the same when
broken down and crated up :-)

--
Tony Priestman