 Local / United Kingdom / 1319
  Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Read the article in this months Lego Adventures. Then prepare to eat humble pie. (Ensure pie is piping hot throughout before serving). -- Liam. (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Hmm, skeptical. What exactly does it say? Even if Rock Raiders takes place on some other planet out in "space," it's not part of LEGO SYSTEM SPACE™. Rock Raiders is a theme within LEGO SYSTEM UNDERGROUND™. --Todd (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Yeah, but conceptually, they're very space-like. I'd also consider putting the Aquazone stuff under space too. (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Oh, definitely! :) Although I'm not as pleased with RR as I'd like to be, I do find myself (a die-heard Space head since 1978) wanting to collect AZ and RR as well -- for their "space-like" futurism and beauty and cool elements for building (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Liam Parnell (<99100413155201.004...rrender2>) wrote at 12:13:57 (...) Qu'est que ce? I have faith, and I have Todd on my side :-D (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

LEGO system underground? I´ve never heard of that, only rock raiders. Aquazone is *not* space, but Rock Raiders are in my opinion. Hey, they have ships and helmets with visors! The thought of Aquazone taking place on another planet is pretty cool, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) (URL) Raiders is a Theme within a System named Underground, just as Insectoids is a Theme within a System named Space, and Aquanauts is a Theme within a System named Aquazone. Underground, Space, and Aquazone are all Systems with a Product (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) *grin* See, we can solve that simply by calling all those things "space". (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) I would submit that perhaps their chart is "broken", and they meant to have, or at least ought to have (under Lego System): Present - Town (Past) - Castle - Adventurers (Future) (aka Space/Sci-Fi) - Space - Underground - Aquazone This sort of (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) I would guess that "Present" is for all the things that aren't techincally Town... ResQ, Extreme Team, etc. James (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Yeah, that sure is a goofy bit, isn't it! The official TLG website isn't one to be trusted always (IMHO) with minutae like that, but to the best of my knowledge, they did get the Underground part right. Time will tell, of course. :-) (...) (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) The theme you're looking for is "Sci-Fi". Steve (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Yes; see my other message. But the term "space" is such a catchphrase for lego folks... (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Yeah, and space (lowercase 's') can include Star Wars, but sci-fi can't, according to those in the know about the difference between sci-fi and fantasy... B-) <duck> --Todd (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Actually, Star Wars belongs square in the middle of that thing known as Sci-Fi ("skiffy" I've heard it pronounced). It's "hard science fiction" that SW doesn't fit into. Although the SW technology is a bit closer to HSF than Star Trek's. Not (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) Actually, remembering from my days of higher activity in F&SF fandom, Star Wars would fit in Sci-Fi, however, Isaac Asimov would be considered an SF author, not a Sci-Fi author... These days I see the same sort of disdained distinction in (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) What if it was a new world? You don't know what type of rock it is. They might have used some new sonar imaging system to determine the caves structural points. I really like the rock raiders theme. Ok everyone thank you for your boos. I think (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) My point is more about what the article says and doesn't say about the sensitivity of real caves in the real world. The mania magazine pictures are of real caves. Mining a real cave would be akin to mining Yosemite. Followups to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) I just noticed that, while there is no such chart I could find, the Lego web site is still organized this way. Check the URLs on the main "worlds" page. Futuristic Star Wars Star Wars E1 Insectoids Aquazone Action (ie present) Space Port (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.underground, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) I don't imagine it's linked but there is a Rock Raiders holder page. It says "Come back in September" but then I know how easy it is to miss web deadlines, so let's not be too hard on TLG. -> (URL) paul :: (URL) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.underground)

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) [snip] Random blurt - let's get into the habit of actually quoting text material from www.lego.com -- apparently the text you being discussed in this thread has already changed, one month later. Did anyone (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme

(...) I think the link still works - it's just not accessible from the main site. (...) The are called Blackstar in Germany I believe. There were so many errors in that history it was just silly. (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground, lugnet.admin.general)

I feel that Rock Raiders is a space theme also because it remind me of the movie called "Armageddon". Don't you agree? Ron Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrn7vhqg1.vne.....bu.edu... (...) it's (...) SYSTEM (...) (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.space, lugnet.underground)