 Space / 191
Re: Rock Raiders IS a Space theme
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 15:02:06 GMT

Michael Perri wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Frank Filz writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:

And to twist back to the underground theme... I just read the lasted
Mania magazine last night, and was a little disapointed to see pictures
of caves used in an article about mining crystals. I will need to send a
letter to the editor. Caves are an extremely sensitive environment, and
should not be mined (besides, most of the cave formations lose most of
their beauty when removed from the cave environment, and some are
extremely fragile).

--
What if it was a new world?  You don't know what type of rock it is.  They
might have used some new sonar imaging system to determine the caves

My point is more about what the article says and doesn't say about the
sensitivity of real caves in the real world. The mania magazine pictures
are of real caves. Mining a real cave would be akin to mining Yosemite.

Followups to lugnet.off-topic.debate if you want me to go into more
depth.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com