 Local / United Kingdom / 1314
Re: New DK books on their way
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.books
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 22:07:49 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:
I picked up the latest 'Adventurers' magazine today. In it is a DK ad that
shows some new books. 2 of their 'adventures' series, plus 2 that look
interesting: Fabulous Figures and Amazing Animals. "15 figures from 100
bricks" claims the former on the cover, so I presume they contain
instructions for making small people and animals.

(curious) Do they look like photo books or ray-traced renderings?

Mind you, if the pictures on the cover are anything to go by, some of the
100 pieces will be difficult or IMPOSSIBLE to obtain - the animals one has a
picture of a camel in orange on the front cover featuring pieces I have
never seen in orange!

Aw, that's so mean!  :-(  What pieces are they, BTW?

They are £3.99 ea and come out in October. I may be going past their shop in
Covent Garden on Monday so I'll check there then.

Cool!  Do tell!

--Todd

[Crossposting to lugnet.books]