 Local / United Kingdom / 1218
Re: Hello !
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 18:18:47 GMT

In article <FI5F32.1yH@lugnet.com>, Alan Kershaw <alan@kershawcomputing.
freeserve.co.uk> writes
Just a quick post to introduce myself to the list.
Alan Kershaw, age 42
Amazed to find these LEGO resources on the net (and that there are other
people out there who like LEGO enough to write about it)
I have been playing with LEGO since I was about 7, and being somewhat
retentive I still have most of the bits, so am busy downloading building
instructions for my childhood sets.

Questions:
Are there any organised events in the North of England ?

Not yet, but there seem to be a few of us in the
Cheshire/Merseyside/Lancashire area, so perhaps something could be
arranged. Where are you?

I have been buying job lots of LEGO from a variety of sources over the last
couple of years and have some bits that I consider quite bizarre. (The long
rectangular bits that seem to be filled with lead,

Do you mean the 2x6x2 black and red weight bricks? These are from
various Train (4552 and others), Town (6542 at least) and Technic (8868)
sets, and they're magnetic, so it's not lead :-) Bad for children.

The yellow wall pieces with
mock Tudor finish)

These are from Castle sets like 6074 and 6086.

Is there any way of finding out which sets these belong to ?

Ask, and ye shall receive :-) Also, as suggested, look at the Pause
database here, ask on rec.toys.lego, and look for old catalogues as well
as bricks.

Cheers

Alan Kershaw

You're welcome!