 Local / United Kingdom / 1214
    TRU Norwich opening- missed opportunity? —Paul Mison
   Don't know if anyone else is interested, but here goes anyway. Toys R Us opened at 9 am in Norwich this morning. I was 5th in a queue of 14, managed to find the Lego quite quickly, and marvelled at it all- unless I'm missing something it's the most (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: TRU Norwich opening- missed opportunity? —David Graham
   (...) TRU normally sell trains, but not a large stock. I couldn't imagine TRU giving anything away free! Now TRU is open the smaller toys shops may now close. There are better toyshops in Colchester (which isn't too far from you) - Colchester Co-op (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: TRU Norwich opening- missed opportunity? —Paul Mison
   (...) The free thing was somewhat hopeful- probably just have ended up in the local paper. I know there are cheaper places in Norwich too, and intend to keep using them- I expect I won't go in TRU unless I hear about sales. (Bonds, part of John (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)