 Local / Singapura / 7
6  |  8
Subject:
not editing old news articles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.loc.sg
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 19:21:48 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, lar@voyager.net (Larry Pieniazek) writes:
Todd Lehman wrote:

OK, I changed Singapura->Singapore in the groups DB.  This won't fix the
name in the initial automated post to the group, <...>

Really? You can't just go in and change the database underneath to fix
it? That surprises me (I understand why you might not choose to use the
capability in most cases, but thought you had it.)

Sorry, I was ambiguous -- I meant that the change I just made won't fix
the previously-posted initial automated post to the group which contains
its charter/purpose/etc.:

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.loc.sg:1

That will always say "Singapura."

Any future automated posts to the group -will- say Singapore instead of
Singapura.

On the other hand, going in and editing the old news article by hand to
make the correction retroactively would be extremely easy -- but I choose
not to use this capability.

--Todd

[followups set to lugnet.admin.general]