 Local / Portugal / 701
  Re: OT: Quick homework help :-)

(...) Well here's the theory: Earth's axis is tilted 23.5º from the solar plane, which for this discussion means any city above -23.5 latitude may see sunrise at >90º in summer (and similarly sunset <270º). Thus Darwin, Townsville, Cairns and (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: OT: Quick homework help :-)

(...) Ok, so this confirms our suppositions. Is this noticeable, though? I mean, if you live, say, at 25ºS, would you notice the slight "Southwise" angle during sunrise? (...) Remember, sunset works just as well! (I don't get to see sunrise as well, (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.pt)