 Local / New Zealand / 7
    I forget what the subject was —Chris Moseley
    Paulo Caparica Junior wrote (...) That's only because you haven't heard me mangling Spanish... :) Then they'd think your uncontrollable laughter was a sure sign of madness... Hmm. No habla espanol? Oh dear. Actually, ever noticed how the first (...) (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.nz)

        Re: I forget what the subject was —Paulo Caparica Junior
   (...) I don't speak spanish very well either, just a little so I don't get lost andhungry at other the countries in Latin America (I speak portugese as everyone in Brazil). In portugese you don't have an interrogative form (is that way it's (...) (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.nz)

        Re: I forget what the subject was —Chris Moseley
    Paulo Caparica Junior wrote in message (...) Oops. Sorry, I tend to forget which side of the line is which. Luckily? I've never been there so it hasn't really been a problem... Not that being unable to speak Portugese in Brazil is likely to be less (...) (26 years ago, 4-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.nz)