 Local / New Zealand / 9
Re: I forget what the subject was
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 04:18:01 GMT

Paulo Caparica Junior wrote in message
Moz (Chris Moseley) wrote:
I don't speak spanish very well either, just a little so I don't get
lost and hungry at other the countries in Latin America (I speak
portugese as everyone in Brazil).

Oops. Sorry, I tend to forget which side of the line is which. Luckily?
I've never been there so it hasn't really been a problem... Not
that being unable to speak Portugese in Brazil is likely to be less
of a problem than no Spanish in Mexico.

In portugese you don't have an interrogative form (is that way it's
called?), when you want to make a question you just tuck a question
mark at the end of the sentence, like this:

Cool. I assume when speaking it's a matter of intonation, then. The
anglonesian rising intonation could make life interesting in places
like that. Everything we say sounds like a question...

The only other guy that I know is Leonardo Zide from Rio de Janeiro.He
wrote that nice program Leocad.

Which is way too hard for me to learn, and I suspect my video card is
too cheap - even small models (like the bobcat on my web page) take a very
long time to load. But I haven't spent a lot of time on it, as I'm content
with LEdit and POV-Par for now.

Moz