 Local / New Zealand / 7
6  |  8
Subject:
I forget what the subject was
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 01:19:15 GMT

Paulo Caparica Junior wrote
*&^%$ English sometimes drives me crazy!

That's only because you haven't heard me mangling Spanish... :)
Then they'd think your uncontrollable laughter was a sure sign
of madness...
Hmm. No habla espanol? Oh dear.
Actually, ever noticed how the first thing anyone learns in a new
language is how to say "I don't understand English" (or whatever
the new language is). I mean, I can say that in French, German,
Japanese and English. Plus possibly Spanish if the above is
correct :)
It seems to me to be completely useless. I mean, replying in another
langauge and looking blank conveys the same message... saying "I
don't understand English, can you speak French?" is pretty silly,
why not "Je ne comprendez pa. Parlez-vous Francais?". Same idea,
much reduced learning time. Why not learn "where can I find a
translator"?
I mean:
Are you alone here?

I guess so. I expected Sanjay and Allan to turn up, but not yet,
apparently.
Hey, so you get loc.br to yourself. Are you the only Brazilian on
RTL? I can't say I've seen anyone else from there.
Moz