 Local / New Zealand / (-20)
Re: request for the work of a master builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 02:54:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Dave Low wrote:
Hi folks

I don't know if anyone else received an email from Brett Colliver -- he works
for an advertising agency in Auckland and they're looking for someone who is
"able to create things like a Harley Davidson motorbike, a speedboat or a
convertible sports car and would be interested in working with us". Looks like
commercial building work, minifig scale -- which I'm not sure I have the time or
ability to commit to... Any takers? Email me and I'll forward the proposal.

Well it seems, as well as emailing a large number of Aussie AFOLs, these people
also contacted LEGO Australia, who have decided to fund the project, but they
need someone to do the actual building. Any takers? I can forward the details if
you haven't already received them.

Hope all are well and the Sydney group has a great time March 1 -- I might be
able to come! Also, did anyone report on Brickvention yet?

Yep - but don't expect anything spectacular :)
http://www.brickventures.com/index.php/Brickvention-2008-Summary.html

ROSCO

Re: request for the work of a master builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 23:29:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Dave Low wrote:
   Hi folks

I don’t know if anyone else received an email from Brett Colliver -- he works for an advertising agency in Auckland and they’re looking for someone who is “able to create things like a Harley Davidson motorbike, a speedboat or a convertible sports car and would be interested in working with us”. Looks like commercial building work, minifig scale -- which I’m not sure I have the time or ability to commit to... Any takers? Email me and I’ll forward the proposal.

Yep, he seems to have hit a bunch of Aussie LEGO fans - and there’s been at least one expressing interest :)

   Hope all are well and the Sydney group has a great time March 1 -- I might be able to come! Also, did anyone report on Brickvention yet?

There’s a short summary here with links to pics.

ROSCO

Subject:
request for the work of a master builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:06:12 GMT

Hi folks

I don't know if anyone else received an email from Brett Colliver -- he works
for an advertising agency in Auckland and they're looking for someone who is
"able to create things like a Harley Davidson motorbike, a speedboat or a
convertible sports car and would be interested in working with us". Looks like
commercial building work, minifig scale -- which I'm not sure I have the time or
ability to commit to... Any takers? Email me and I'll forward the proposal.

Hope all are well and the Sydney group has a great time March 1 -- I might be
able to come! Also, did anyone report on Brickvention yet?

// Dave

Subject:
OT - Traveling to NZ. Anybody from Christchurch?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:12:26 GMT

hi guys,

I plan to tramping a bit in the south an have some questions. could anybody from
christchurch (as I plan to fly in there) give me some answers?

bye, w.

Subject:
New Zealand "X" class loco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 06:54:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Well it isn’t Australian, but we always seem to commandeer all the good stuff from NZ and call it ours.

Widely believed to be the first 4-8-2s ever built, these were built for use on the north island of New Zealand in the early 1900s.

Enjoy!

ROSCO

Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.hk
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 00:50:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:

X-Posted to .loc.au/nz/jp/hk in the hopes that this will spur more people from the region into applying

Although more people applying would be nice to see, the real requirement is better people applying.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

Re: LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.hk
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 08:34:46 GMT

   Dear Jake,

I am not trying to attack a faceless monster here, I am responding to Lenny’s claims that you guys were personally being in some way harrassed/ attacked/ asserted against in my original post. I believe that you love your job enough to do what your company would prefer and if they HAD said to concentrate on NA/Europe I suspect you would have done so. Now that you have said the reasons were otherwise I can lay the blame solely at your feet :P

Thank you for taking the time to explain that there was little geographical bias and I hope that next time you will find a suitable candidate from the other parts of the world.

Yours,

Tim

X-Posted to .loc.au/nz/jp/hk in the hopes that this will spur more people from the region into applying

Whoops! Sorry to reply to myself, I set the followupto, not X-post. Stupid me!

Tim

Subject:
2004 LEGO catalog arrives, take 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 14:21:20 GMT

At long last it has arrived (no months shown, but I GUESS it's from
June-December...How embarrasing for a company to have a catalogue of its items
appear 2 months late.[1])

425.8472-UK/Asia
104 pages...This time ALL sets are shown, not just new ones.

Front cover:

Interesting items...
Misc:
Knights' Kingdom watch (page 102) with new(?) torso and old style, fized visor
helmet in dark grey (or bley?)

Software:
PC, PS1,2, X-Box STAR WARS game due summer 2005 (winter in Aus?)
PS2, PS1?, X-Box LEGO Racers CC (?) due christmas (page 100)

The catalogue was from K-Mart, Northland (no pirate sets on shelves)...The
bigger store near me (Cambelfield) had the pirate sets, but only old catalogues.

[1]  Then again, have they EVER released a catalogue in Australia as close to
it's listed time as this? This would have to be the closest in the last few
years at least.

Thought it may be of intrest...

Benjamin Whytcross

Re: AUSTRALIA !! BUILD IT!! AND THEY WILL COME!! BrickFest (TM) AU ?? 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:59:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Matthew Wightwick wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross wrote:
Considering the growing interest, it seem like a good idea to start a thread for
planning this event.

<majorly snipped!>

Don't "just imagine"!

Benjamin Whytcross
[Leg'Oz 2005 for Melbourne :) ]

Just a thought...

But would we perhaps be interested in making this an Australasian event? In
other words, inviting the Kiwis to make a contribution?

Matthew Wightwick

Hello All !

PLEASE READ ALL THE PREVIOUS POSTS !

This Meeting should Be A INTERNATIONAL LEGO MEETING IN AUSTRALIA !

LEGO OZ 2005     or     BRICKFEST(TM)  AU   (MEL,SYD,BNE)

I have only been to one BRICKFEST ! (BrickFest PDX), but I have become aware that there are three main Lego groups. TRAIN/TOWN ,  SPACE  and   CASTLE.Not forgetting the other smaller catagories.

There are heaps of things to organize for such a meeting.

But my main concern is that we cater for these Three areas.
I know that Melbourne and Brisbane have Lego train clubs. Does Sydney ?

This meeting should be held with the club that can cater for these areas.
And all other Aussie clubs to help out.

We need to start organising this meeting NOW. As before we know it, this meeting
will be upon us.

So Please, all those  international AFOL who are interested can you reply !
Even if you are unable to come .

Thanks, Teunis  M>ltc  MUGS

Re: Leg'Oz 2005 planning (NZ?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 00:11:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross wrote:
Considering the growing interest, it seem like a good idea to start a thread for
planning this event.

<majorly snipped!>

Don't "just imagine"!

Benjamin Whytcross
[Leg'Oz 2005 for Melbourne :) ]

Just a thought...

But would we perhaps be interested in making this an Australasian event? In
other words, inviting the Kiwis to make a contribution?

I'm not sure what made me think of it, or why, but I decided I'd put the idea
out there.

Matthew Wightwick
(who'd also prefer Melbourne as a venue, but will still be there with bells on
even if it's in Alice Springs or something!)

Re: On this day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 04:34:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
http://www.ozbricks.com/brictoria/anzac/anzac.htm

Lest we forget.

Benjamin Whytcross

For more info, try the following:
http://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/anzac/index.htm

<one minute's silence>

Great thought, Ben.

Richie

Re: On this day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:49:07 GMT

        Lest we forget>>>>

Subject:
On this day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 14:00:53 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

http://www.ozbricks.com/brictoria/anzac/anzac.htm

Lest we forget.

Benjamin Whytcross

For more info, try the following:
http://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/anzac/index.htm

Subject:
The 190th post to.nz
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:30:38 GMT

   Hi all,

      Since no one has posted to nz for ages and I think the 190 post
barrier is to blame I thought I would post the 190th. Come on there must be
a few NZers with something to say.

           God Bless,

                Nathan

Re: Lego Imagination show - Wellington NZ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:43:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
G'day all!  Well I'm here in cold... windy and wet Wellington.  Don't ask me
how I survive... I just know I need to come back home to thaw out soon
(getting close to Ice Berg status).

   Hey,

       That's my tropical paradise your talking about (LOL), try Canada
(where I am currently) and enjoy our not so wet freezing rain at -30!

(following prices are in NZ$$)

The Lego store they had set up was fairly cool!  Lego is sooooooo expensive
here... I freak at the prices.

  There is a great Toy World in Kapiti (outside of Wellington) that has the
classic sets (pirate readitions etc.) for 1/2 price. I got a red beard
runner for $50...

NZ... more sheep than grass!

      God Bless,

             Nathan

Subject:
Box-4-Blox(tm)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.storage, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 01:17:09 GMT

Seeing as how these guys are a BricksWest(tm) sponsor I'm inclined to give
them a try. I sure do hate sorting, and anything that would help a little is
worth a look. Their web page

http://www.box4blox.com/

says that they have thousands of satisfied customers in AU and NZ. Has
anyone heard of them? Any satisfied users? Any unsatisfied users?

Xposted to storage and the loc groups for Ozzies and Kiwis but with FUT
firmly set back to .shopping...

Thanks for any info!

++Lar

Subject:
Lego Imagination show - Wellington NZ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 08:07:16 GMT

G'day all!  Well I'm here in cold... windy and wet Wellington.  Don't ask me
how I survive... I just know I need to come back home to thaw out soon
(getting close to Ice Berg status).  Well I've been for the typical wonder
around and we stumbled across the Lego Show my Mum told me about.

Luckily my Daggy Brother came along and made the day even more fun ;)  We
did take some silly pics and had a little fun in the Imagination show.
Anyway it costs $4 for adults to get in (hey... the one in Aussie was
free!).  But I picked up some groovy little Lego pop-up cards that have the
Beehive parliment house, in which they also had in Lego too!.  They also had
some exciting free Magazines...

(following prices are in NZ$$)

The Lego store they had set up was fairly cool!  Lego is sooooooo expensive
here... I freak at the prices.  The Lego specials they had at the shop are
great though! not on everything but on selected items... I dunno what some
of the set numbers are... but they had Bob the Builder set (largish with
'Muck'? the red vehicle) which was $29.  Tie Fighter & Y-wing $39.95.  UCS
sets, both $99 each.  6096 Bulls Attack (Castle) $39.  R2D2 smaller version
$29.  Darth Vader $49.

So there ya have it... I've taken pics and will post once I get home and get
them developed! :)

Hafta go now...  This daylight saving thing is driving me nuts :P  (I had to
change my watch to 2 more hours when I arrived... the day after I had to add
another hour!... on Thursday morning I have to go back 3 hours!... rather
messy)...

Looking forward to coming home... Mel :)

NZ... more sheep than grass!

Re: New lower shipping for LEGO Shop At Home in Australia and New Zealand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:57:43 GMT

Thats Great news Brad,
Big saving if you don't need your order in a hurry.

Thank You

--
Jason King
LugNet #665

Brad Justus <legodirect@lego.com> wrote in message
Home is now able to provide a new "Regular Shipping" option to Australia • and
New Zealand which provides savings of between 55 and 60 percent from the
existing "Express Shipping" service.

For example, the shipping cost of an order of more than 250.00 AUD, which • is
90 AUD with Express Shipping, is only 40 AUD with Regular Shipping. We • will
be dispatching Regular Shipping orders from our warehouse only once per • week
in a bulk shipment (as opposed to daily for Express Orders) and will be
sending these by a slower transport method; this will mean that in-stock
orders will ship within 1-5 days after they are received, and typically • will
arrive within 10 to 18 business days. (Delivery times are similar, but
slightly shorter, for New Zealand.)

This new Regular Shipping service is available immediately. Full • information
can be found at http://www.legoshop.com -- please select the "Shipping &
Handling" link at the bottom of the Shop home page.

There are many new products coming to LEGO Shop At Home this holiday • season
(the LEGO Legends release of the Black Seas Barracuda, two reissues of • Star
Wars classic sets, new bulk items, and more) and they will be available to
all of our LEGO Shop At Home markets, including yours. So we hope that you
will enjoy -- and take advantage of! -- this new service.

Play Well!

-- Brad

Brad Justus
Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct

Re: New lower shipping for LEGO Shop At Home in Australia and New Zealand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:52:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Brad Justus writes:
[...]

This is indeed good news! Even the most parsimonious folk, such as myself,
will be able to consider a solo order!

There are many new products coming to LEGO Shop At Home this holiday season
(the LEGO Legends release of the Black Seas Barracuda, two reissues of Star
Wars classic sets, new bulk items, and more) and they will be available to
all of our LEGO Shop At Home markets, including yours. So we hope that you
will enjoy -- and take advantage of! -- this new service.

Excellent! I hadn't expected the BSB so soon (any indication of the price?).
I note the USS Constitution is marked 'coming soon' too... it's going to be
a great holiday season for shipbuilders!

Play Well!

Play with LEGO ;-)

Cheers

Richie Dulin

Subject:
New lower shipping for LEGO Shop At Home in Australia and New Zealand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 18:42:09 GMT

[...]