 Local / Norge / 157
Re: Fun LEGO purchase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.no
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:44:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Øyvind Steinnes wrote:

"Jan-Albert van Ree" <javanree@vanree.net> wrote in message
Pedro Silva wrote:

I suspect these are the same bags that we saw at LEGOworld 2003; only
there the price was 5 EUR per bag, and we could sort the bricks ourselves.
Very cool. The only bad thing was the parts without match (ie, left wings
without right wings), but I still came back home with 4 or 5 bags :-)

I was told LEGO offered these for retail sellers in Europe, but don't know
details, sorry :-(

Overall, the boxes are an AWESOME way to expand your parts collection, the
price per part is VERY hard to beat, specially if you can fill up the bags
yourself.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes

PS! I'm going to buy more of those bags today  :)

Hi Øyvind,

Tobbe has inventoried his finds as well:
http://www.lugnet.com/~1793/

Here in Copenhagen a toy store had these boxes in November, where you could fill
the zip-bags yourself; I bought 8 over a couple of weeks (50 DKr / bag), and at
average it was 411 grammes pr. bag (344 bricks). The shop owner told me that he
could have gotten more big boxes from TLC, but that it did in fact cost more
than he could make out of selling them. I suggested that he upped the price, but
he (unfortunately - I could have used more!!) choose to stop the sales when his
boxes were empty.

regards,
Arne, Copenhagen