 General / 45080
Re: Fun LEGO purchase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.no
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:48:05 GMT

Pedro Silva wrote:

I suspect these are the same bags that we saw at LEGOworld 2003; only
there the price was 5 EUR per bag, and we could sort the bricks ourselves.
Very cool. The only bad thing was the parts without match (ie, left wings
without right wings), but I still came back home with 4 or 5 bags :-)

I was told LEGO offered these for retail sellers in Europe, but don't know
details, sorry :-(

These boxes were most likely filled with production leftovers... quality is
a mixed bag (I've had half a dozen bad 2*3 sloped light-grey so far) but
there's a nice selection. I've so far "raided" about 12 stores and have
discovered that left&right of pieces were randomly scattered. Sometimes
you're lucky in one box, sometimes you need to take a chance and wait for
another box to come by for the other side (have had that lots of times,
with wedges and car doors mostly) All boxes are filled pretty random, two
weeks ago I discovered one that was half-full with JUST 6*12 tan plates and
8*16 darkgrey bricks...

Overall, the boxes are an AWESOME way to expand your parts collection, the
price per part is VERY hard to beat, specially if you can fill up the bags
yourself.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
Brick Piles          | Santa Fe B-unit