 General / 45086
Re: Fun LEGO purchase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.no
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:14:57 GMT

"Jan-Albert van Ree" <javanree@vanree.net> wrote in message
news:Hs0suv.9xH@lugnet.com...
Pedro Silva wrote:

I suspect these are the same bags that we saw at LEGOworld 2003; only
there the price was 5 EUR per bag, and we could sort the bricks • ourselves.
Very cool. The only bad thing was the parts without match (ie, left • wings
without right wings), but I still came back home with 4 or 5 bags :-)

I was told LEGO offered these for retail sellers in Europe, but don't • know
details, sorry :-(

These boxes were most likely filled with production leftovers... quality • is
a mixed bag (I've had half a dozen bad 2*3 sloped light-grey so far) but
there's a nice selection. I've so far "raided" about 12 stores and have
discovered that left&right of pieces were randomly scattered. Sometimes
you're lucky in one box, sometimes you need to take a chance and wait for
another box to come by for the other side (have had that lots of times,
with wedges and car doors mostly) All boxes are filled pretty random, two
weeks ago I discovered one that was half-full with JUST 6*12 tan plates • and
8*16 darkgrey bricks...

Overall, the boxes are an AWESOME way to expand your parts collection, the
price per part is VERY hard to beat, specially if you can fill up the bags
yourself.

Herer you can see contents of the four bags I have purchased so far:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Diverse/3258_bag1.txt
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Diverse/3258_bag2.txt
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Diverse/3258_bag3.txt
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Diverse/3258_bag4.txt

I have probably missed on the colors on some bricks, I could not find them
in LDraw and had to just put something that I "think" is the right
description of the color. That goes for the Dark Blue that was VERY dark,
Dark Red that looked mor like Wine Red, Tan that probably is some sand
color, Med Blue (I think this is correct). Is there a RGB color chart on web
someplace that I can hold up to the part and compare to find the correct
color?

And as you can see there are a lots of right wings og right wedges with just
a few left wings and no left wedges. And there was no minifig heads or
bodys, only feets and wigs.

Is it so that the bricks in these bags is unlikly to find in large amounts
in any sets? Or maybe only one or two pieces in one or two sets? Like the
tan/sandcolored ponytail wigs, I could not find any set with that colored
wigs....

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes

PS! I'm going to buy more of those bags today  :)

--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
Brick Piles          | Santa Fe B-unit