 Local / Norge / 153
Re: Fun LEGO purchase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.no
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:05:27 GMT

Øyvind Steinnes wrote:

And the fun thing was a hole bunch of bags with LEGO number 3258. I
asked one of the staff about those bags and she told me they got a
HUGE box filled with tousands of LEGO-pieces and had to fill that
evenly into small platic bags. The bags kost 49.50 NOK and is about
200-220grams of diffrent types of pieces, non of the bags has
indentical numbers of pieces or have the same type of bricks in them.
The ZIP-lock bags is white with small clear round fields so you can
se the contents of the bag easy.

This number, 3258, is printed on the bags I got at the 'bulk' sales of Lego
here in Sweden before Christmas. Many toy stores had this setup:

One or more *large* box(es) with mixed Lego pieces, you filled the bags
yourself, psend any time you want picking the pieces you want (if you could
find them! I only found *left* wings for example) and pay 49.90 SEK/bag.

Some shops even refilled the boxes when they ran out of bricks, but here in
Eskilstuna it was a one-time thing.

Came out at c:a 0.28 SEK per piece for me (~4 US cents a piece).

($1 ~ 7.15 SEK, 1 NOK ~1.067 SEK)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm